The Pacific Skyline Council is supporting individuals who wish to be vaccinated under the Phase 1B Eligibility guidance – “All formal and informal childcare workers, including day care providers and the following: Examples of informal childcare workers include: public and private recreation programs such as YMCA/YWCA, on campus after school programs, individuals or programs receiving a child care subsidy” – which includes registered Scouting volunteer adult leaders who are working directly, in person with youth.
The Pacific Skyline Council is required to certify that the youth recreation staff member works directly with youth. Certification must come on PacSky letterhead signed by the “Director” which is our Scout Executive. Leaders working directly with youth must be active, in-person, activity cohort leaders, or volunteers at a Council camp and actively supervising in-person activities.
To Support Eligible Adult Cohort Leaders Wishing to Get a Vaccination
To verify your membership with a pack/troop/the council, and to request your letter, please email one of the following:
- Stanford District – Email Steve Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Redwood District – Email Tom Kenny at email@example.com
- Discovery District – Email Henry Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Council-level Volunteers – Email Davey Warner at email@example.com
To get a Boy Scouts of America ID card
- Log on to https://my.scouting.org
- Under “My Profile” download and print a copy of your membership card. Language on the card reads, “This certifies that is an adult leader in the BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA and is entitled to all the rights and privileges thereof to the last day of 1/31/2022.”