Training courses traditionally offered in a classroom setting are available through the BSA’s E-Learning site.
How to Take A Training Course Online
To take a training course you must login to the My.Scouting.org portal on the National BSA web site.
If you do not already have a My.Scouting login, you will need to create one (using your e-mail address as your login). This account will give you direct access to e-learning courses (and other options depending on your profile). If you are a Scouting volunteer, be sure to have your council number and member ID handy (from your registration card) when creating your account. This will ensure you receive proper credit for courses completed successfully.
If you already have a My.Scouting login, simply log in as usual. Go to My.Scouting.
Training Courses Available Online
– Youth Protection Training
– Venturing Youth Protection Training
– Exploring Youth Protection Training
Leader Training (listed by Program)
– Merit Badge Counselor Training
– Scoutmaster Training
– Troop Committee Training
– Cubmaster Training
– Den Leader Training
– Pack Committee Training
– Crew Advisor Training
– Crew Board of Review
– Crew Committee Training
– Sea Scout Leader Training
– Sea Scout Optional Training
– Youth Exploring Leadership Experience (for youth)
– Exploring Advisor Training
– Exploring Committee Training
– Exploring Service Team Training
– Exploring Certification
– Exploring Ride Along Safely
– Program Safety
– BALOO (Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation)
– STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
– STEM in Scouting
– Succession Planning
– Journey to Excellence
– Council Market Analysis
– Scouting Alumni and Friends
District Committee Basic Training
– District Committee Chair
– District Committee Vice Chair
– Membership Chair
– Fund Development
– Training Chair
– Member at Large
– Activities and Civil Service Chair
– Nominating Chair
– Program Chair
– Camping and Outdoor Chair
– Advancement Chair
For those who may have trouble finding the District Committee courses: From the home page of the BSA Learn Center – select Position (Non Unit Specific Training), then click on the District committee graphic which takes you to the District Committee learning plans – add your plan for your position and begin training!
Want to know more about Training?
Visit the BSA’s national website here.