Click here to see our Merit Badge Sponsors
Thank you for your interest in the Merit Badge Sponsorship Program. Your financial leadership will positively affect thousands of Peninsula youth and families this year.
Benefits to Youth
The Merit Badge Sponsorship Program provides opportunities for at-risk youth in low-income and culturally diverse areas to grow physically, mentally, and morally in after-school and weekend activities. By attending Scouting’s structured, safe activities, Peninsula young people do not have as much idle time to explore drugs, alcohol, or find themselves in as many peer-pressure activities. The Scouting program is a year-round effort because the pressures on our young people increase every day. There is no better time than now to help guide youth in positive directions.
Scouting addresses the Peninsula’s at-risk youth in the following ways:
- Offering a place for youth to attend after school and on weekends and learn how to be physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
- Teaching the youth how to avoid drug and alcohol abuse through the “Drugs: A Deadly Game” program.
- Going on fun and educational “field trips” to local museums, parks and libraries.
- Participating in meaningful day camp, resident camp and weekend camping trips.
- Creating weekly opportunities at group meetings to assist the youth in learning values that include: being trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.
Additionally, Scouting helps the Peninsula’s at-risk youth to develop six critical characteristics of healthy youth
- Strong personal values and character
- Positive sense of self-worth and usefulness
- Caring and nurturing relationships with parents, other adults and peers.
- A desire to learn
- Productive/creative use of time
- Social adeptness
THANK YOU! With your funding, the Pacific Skyline Council will ensure that the youth involved will register with the Boy Scouts of America, have the opportunities to attend summer camp, own their own books and uniforms, and enjoy all the activities the Boy Scouts offer. Your funding will also help us to create more Scout units, and to develop the units into self-sustaining, successful programs.
Benefits to Your Business
The Boy Scout Merit Badge Sponsorship Program offers the following marketing benefits for sponsors: exposure to over 2500 event and summer camp participants, as well as 8000 youth and 3000 adult volunteers.
$1000 Leader Sponsorship
- Copy of the related Merit Badge Pamphlet
- Company name and logo on our merit badge sponsor board displayed at all council-wide events.
- Name included in the Pacific Skyline Council annual report in February (sample pictured at right).
- Company name and logo recognition on the Council website.
- Company name and logo introduced once in our weekly eNewsletter.
$1500 Partner Sponsorship
- Includes all of the above benefits.
- Company name and logo included in semi-annual Activities & Programs guide (sample pictured at right), mailed to 8,000 Scouting families.
- Company name and logo on large outdoor display banner at our signature summer camp, Camp Oljato, visited by 2600 Scouts each year.
- Access to monthly roundtable meeting in your district to promote merit badge clinics at your place of business.
Merit Badge Listing
Agribusiness – Animal Science, Farm Mechanics, Plant Science
Arts And Crafts – Art, Basketry, Bugling, Leatherwork, Metalwork, Music, Pottery, Sculpture, Theater, Wood Carving
Business and Industry – American Business, Entrepreneurship, Pulp and Paper, Salesmanship, Textile
Conservation – Environmental Science, Fish and Wildlife Management, Forestry, Soil and Water Conservation, Sustainability
Hobbies – Backpacking, Camping, Chess, Coin Collecting, Collections, Cooking, Dog Care, Gardening, Hiking, Home Repairs, Indian Lore, Model Design and Building, Pets, Pioneering, Radio, Rowing, Scouting Heritage, Stamp Collecting
Natural Science – Archaeology, Astronomy, Bird Study, Geology, Insect Study, Mammal Study, Nature, Oceanography, Reptile and Amphibian Study, Weather
Communications – Cinematography, Journalism, Photography
Personal Development – American Cultures, American Heritage, Citizenship In The Community, Citizenship In The Nation, Citizenship In The World, Communications, Disabilities Awareness, Family Life, Genealogy, Personal Fitness, Personal Management, Public Speaking, Reading, Scholarship, Traffic Safety, Wilderness Survival
Physical Science – Chemistry, Computers, Electricity, Electronics, Energy, Nuclear Science, Space Exploration
Professions – Architecture, Dentistry, Engineering, Inventing, Landscape Architecture, Law, Medicine, Robotics, Surveying, Veterinary Medicine
Public Service – Crime Prevention, Emergency Preparedness, Fingerprinting, Fire Safety, First Aid, Lifesaving, Public Health, Safety
Sports – Archery, Athletics, Canoeing, Climbing, Cycling, Fishing, Fly Fishing, Golf, Geocaching, Horsemanship, Motorboating, Orienteering, Rifle Shooting, Scuba Diving, Shotgun Shooting, Skating, Small-Boat Sailing, Snow Sports, Sports, Swimming, Water Sports, Whitewater
Trades – American Labor, Automotive Maintenance, Composite Materials, Drafting, Graphic Arts, Painting, Plumbing, Woodwork
Transportation – Aviation, Railroading, Truck Transportation