I.I.C. Three little letters. One big impact.
Investment in Character is the Pacific Skyline Council’s annual fundraising campaign that helps support quality programs for youth on the San Francisco Peninsula.
We spend well over $250/Scout/year to provide Scouting programs to your sons and daughters.
Your generous donation makes these programs possible:
- 4,200 youth enjoying Scouting
- Thousands of youth attending camps
- Hundreds of economically disadvantaged youth enjoying Scouting in the Council-funded ScoutReach program
- Hundreds of Scouts receiving camp scholarships
- Over 1,700 adult and youth volunteers trained to be Scout leaders
- Over 500,000 invested in 3 camp properties in the last three years
- 2 Scout shops and service centers
- Professional staff managing all Scout programs
- Day Camp, Cub-ONs, Merit Badge Midways, Scouts BSA Summer Camp and many other programs
About half of Pacific Skyline Council’s annual budget is raised through Community donations: families, businesses, and special events.
Investment in Character accounts for 50% of the donations needed to operate the Scouting programs. The council:
- Raises 100% of its funds locally
- Receives no National Boy Scout funding
- Uses ALL of the dollars raised to support local youth
- Spends $250 per youth each Scouting year