Pacific Skyline Employment Opportunities
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
This position serves as Marketing Communications Assistant for the Pacific Skyline Council. Responsible for maintaining the Council’s website as needed, handling all electronic communication designs and distributions, developing activity flyers and brochures, developing and implementing a social media plan, and sharing in the responsibility for recruiting volunteers to help grow our marketing efforts via our marketing committee. Serves as an active voice for marketing issues. Develops and promotes the Council’s local Scouting story in the community via news releases and service clubs.
- Maintains Council website in WordPress
- Updates events and information on website
- Creates and posts home page banners
- Creates new webpages as needed
- Edits and sends weekly e-newsletter and other assorted eblasts.
- Develops and implements a thorough social media plan
- Creates social media graphics when needed
- Creates postcards, invitations, flyers, forms, guides, banners, posters, etc.
- Assist with general customer service
- Other tasks as assigned
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite preferred, including InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Photoshop
- Preparing pieces for print and web
- Grammar and punctuation
- Some knowledge of HTML and CSS is preferred
- Some knowledge of using Constant Contact is preferred
- Seeking individual who is professional in dress, well-spoken and comfortable in social and networking settings.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication.
- Well organized, detail oriented.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with passionate and committed people.
- Excellent analytic skills with a proven commitment to accuracy and timeliness.
- Must be able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Must possess a focus on continuous improvement and growth, both within the organization and with self.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PPT) preferred.
- Team player, positive attitude and willing to learn.
This is a full-time position in the Foster City office, 40 hours a week. We offer competitive pay and a fun environment working with a team of committed professionals. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403 (b) retirement matching, holiday observances and 12 paid vacation days.
Apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.