Looking to grow your pack? Here are some helps!
“Before we can put Scouting’s values into youth, we have to put youth into Scouting.”
The purpose of a Recruitment Night is to enroll Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts in existing Cub Scout Packs, to enlist parent participation in the program, and to organize new units for youth who want to join.
- To increase the number of youth served by the Boy Scouts of America.
- To showcase the Cub Scout program. Show that Cub Scouting is fun!
- To provide parents with information about their role in Cub Scouting, including advancement, Pack participation, and support.
- To recruit new leaders. Assist the Pack and chartered organization in the selection and enrollment of new adult leaders.
2020 Membership Calendar Key Dates
- March 5 – Confirm your Join Night Date and turn in the recruitment plan to your DE.
- March 5 – Update your BeAScout.org pin
- Three weeks before your Join Night – Turn in a request for Free materials to promote your Join Night (link below)
- Two weeks before your Join Night – Gather your promotion materials and begin promoting your Join Night!
- Mid May – Every pack hosts one join night (can be in conjunction with your pack meeting)
- Immediately after your Join Night – Turn in your applications to your DE or drop them off at the Scout office
- Host your recruitment night in March, April, or May!
- Adults can apply online!
- All adult leaders must be approved by the chartered organization.
- Essential Pack Leaders (cubmaster, committee chairperson, den leadership, and charter representative) should be in place before the recruitment night is held.
- Organize new dens with 5-6 Scouts each, to allow room for future growth. Grow existing dens.
- Encourage new youth to bring friends.
- Training is vital for new leaders. Direct all new leaders to online or in-person training.
Order FREE Promotional Materials online here.
- Why do a Spring Recruitment? flyer pdf
- 2020 Cub Scout Pack Recruitment Guide pdf
- 2020 Pack Recruitment Plan pdf
- Geofencing is an important tool to effectively promote your Pack’s Join Night and will reach a much wider audience than most other efforts. It can usually be done for just few dollars a day. Watch the how-to video here.
- 2020 Recruitment Promotional Materials Order Form (online form)
- 100-Point Adult Participation Form pdf