Summer Camp Cook Position Available
Obtain institutional cooking experience while spending your summer in the High Sierra!
Spend your summer working on the shores of beautiful Huntington Lake. Camp Oljato offers week-long resident summer camp programs at 7,000 feet right off Highway 168, east of Fresno, CA.
Camp Oljato offers programming in swimming, boating, sailing, nature, crafts, shooting sports, rock climbing, and more! The camp boasts many program buildings built in the last 10-years, full-dining service, great views, and an unbeatable program. We are looking for enthusiastic people committed to providing mountaintop experiences to youth ages 11-18.
We are looking for an individual to serve on our food service team as a cook. Responsibilities include leading shifts in a commercial kitchen, providing hot & on-time healthy meals to 300+ people, and assisting in managing the food service operation of the camp.
- Age 18 or older
- Previous camp experience preferred
- Previous experience with institutional cooking preferred
- Have knowledge of proper and required sanitation practices.Maintain high standards of cleanliness, both personal and with staff assigned to the kitchen
- Able to work safely and efficiently with normal institutional cooking equipment such as mixers, convection ovens, grills, etc.
- Live onsite for duration of employment
MINIMUM DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
June 15 – August 6, 2023
There are additional weeks available pre- and post-camp
- Hourly wage commensurate with experience
- Room & Board for duration of employment
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Complete our seasonal staff application (goes to a Google form)