Summer Camp Aquatics Management Position Available
Acquire management experience while spending your summer on the water!
Spend your summer working in the High Sierra on the shores of beautiful Huntington Lake. Camp Oljato offers week-long resident summer camp programs at 7,000 feet right off Highway 168, east of Fresno, CA.
Camp Oljato offers programming in swimming, boating, sailing, nature, crafts, shooting sports, rock climbing, and more! The camp boasts many program buildings built in the last 10-years, full-dining service, great views, and an unbeatable program. We are looking for enthusiastic people committed to providing mountaintop experiences to youth ages 11-18.
POSITION: Aquatics Assistant Director / Sailing Director
We are looking for an individual to assist in managing our multi-faceted aquatics program. The positions is primarily responsible for overseeing our renowned sailing program and other boating instruction such as motorboating, waterskiing, and wakeboarding. The Assistant Director will be responsible for supervising aquatics staff assigned to sailing and boating tasks.
- Age 18 or older
- Current certification as a lifeguard and in First Aid, and CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers
- Must have prior to report date
- Ability to sail small boats (e.g., Pico Lasers and Sunfish), 16’ foot Catamarans, and a 22’ wooden sailboat
- Ability to teach campers ages 11-18
- Knowledge of standard boat maintenance
- Live onsite for duration of employment
MINIMUM DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
June 14 – August 3, 2020
There are additional weeks available pre- and post-camp
- Weekly salary, commensurate with experience
- Room & Board for duration of employment
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Complete our seasonal staff application (goes to a Google form)