Summer Camp Maintenance Position Available
Acquire facility maintenance experience while spending your summer in the High Sierra!
Spend your summer working on the shores of beautiful Huntington Lake. Camp Oljato offers week-long resident summer camp programs at 7,000 feet right off Highway 168, east of Fresno, CA.
Camp Oljato offers programming in swimming, boating, sailing, nature, crafts, shooting sports, rock climbing, and more! The camp boasts many program buildings built in the last 10-years, full-dining service, great views, and an unbeatable program. We are looking for enthusiastic people committed to providing mountaintop experiences to youth ages 11-18.
POSITION: Maintenance Staff
We are looking for individuals to work in our camp maintenance operation, keeping a safe, clean, and functional physical plant. Specific responsibilities include performing repairs and maintenance on power, water, sewage, vehicles, boats & motors, machinery, tools, and structures, as well as daily custodial work.
- 18 years or older
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Ability to perform labor in and outdoor setting at an elevation of 7,000+ feet sometimes in inclement weather
- Fast learner
- Basic skills in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and mechanics
- Have ability to understand direction and work with camp management with minimal supervision
- Maintain a current Vessel Operator card in the state of California and complete a safe boating training provided by the Pacific Skyline Council
- Maintain a current and valid driver’s license in your state of residence and complete a Pacific Skyline Council driver’s training course if needed
- Friendly and customer service oriented with leaders and staff
- Punctual and dependable
MINIMUM DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
June 15 – August 6, 2023
There are additional weeks available pre- and post-camp.
- Hourly wage, commensurate with experience
- Room & Board for duration of employment
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Complete our seasonal staff application (goes to a Google form)