Summer Camp Adventure Programming Position Available
Acquire experience in outdoor adventure programming and management while spending your summer in the High Sierra!
Spend your summer working on the shores of beautiful Huntington Lake. Camp Oljato offers week-long resident summer camp programs at 7,000 feet right off Highway 168, east of Fresno, CA.
Camp Oljato offers programming in swimming, boating, sailing, nature, crafts, shooting sports, rock climbing, and more! The camp boasts many program buildings built in the last 10-years, full-dining service, great views, and an unbeatable program. We are looking for enthusiastic people committed to providing mountaintop experiences to youth ages 11-18.
POSITION: High Adventure Program Director
We are looking for an individual to manage our high adventure program. This program offers older campers (ages 14 and up) opportunities in rock climbing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, high elevation backpacking, catamaran sailing, and more. The High Adventure Program Director is responsible for designing this summer’s program in cooperation with other department managers, implementing the program, and ensuring a great experience is had by all.
- 21 years or older
- Previous camp experience preferred
- Previous BSA experience preferred
- Current certification in Wilderness First Aid from an accredited organization or better (e.g., Wilderness First Responder) preferred
- A spirit of adventure and ability to lead 12-24 campers through a variety of experiences in a week
- Live onsite for duration of employment
MINIMUM DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
June 14 – August 3, 2020
There are additional weeks available pre- and post-camp
- Weekly salary, commensurate with experience
- Room & Board for duration of employment
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Complete our seasonal staff application (goes to Google form)