Summer Camp Medic Position Available
Acquire healthcare provider experience while spending your summer in the High Sierra!
Spend your summer on the shores of beautiful Huntington Lake. Camp Oljato offers week-long resident summer camp programs at 7,000 feet right off Highway 168, east of Fresno, CA.
Camp Oljato offers programming in swimming, boating, sailing, nature, crafts, shooting sports, rock climbing, and more! The camp boasts many program buildings built in the last 10-years, full-dining service, great views, and an unbeatable program. We are looking for enthusiastic people committed to providing mountaintop experiences to youth ages 11-18.
POSITION: Health Officer (Camp Medic)
We are looking for an individual to manage the health & safety operations of our camp. Serving on the camp management team, the health officer’s specific responsibilities include, managing all first aid calls, medication administration, health record keeping, health screenings of campers and staff, and teaching weekly first aid classes.
- Age 18 or older
- Current certification in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer and Health Care Providers, or equivalent*
- Currently licensed or recognized as one of the following: physician, nurse practitioner, nurse (RN, LPR, or LVN), physician’s assistant, paramedic, emergency medical technician, emergency medical responder
- Maintain a current and valid driver’s license in your state of residence and complete a Pacific Skyline Council driver’s training course if needed
- Friendly and customer service oriented with leaders and staff
- Live onsite for duration of employment
MINIMUM DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
June 14 – August 3, 2020
There are additional weeks available pre- and post-camp
- Weekly salary, commensurate with experience
- Room & Board for duration of employment
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Complete our seasonal staff application (goes to a Google form)