Summer Camp Boat Maintenance Position Available
Acquire experience maintaining and managing a fleet of power boats and sail boats while spending your summer in the High Sierra!
Spend your summer working on the shores of beautiful Huntington Lake. Camp Oljato offers week-long resident summer camp programs at 7,000 feet right off Highway 168, east of Fresno, CA.
Camp Oljato offers programming in swimming, boating, sailing, nature, crafts, shooting sports, rock climbing, and more! The camp boasts many program buildings built in the last 10-years, full-dining service, great views, and an unbeatable program. We are looking for enthusiastic people committed to providing mountaintop experiences to youth ages 11-18.
POSITION: Harbor Master (Fleet Manager)
We are looking for an individual to manage our fleet of boats. Camp Oljato owns and operates 3 barges, two ski-boats, a few small motorboats, 3 catamarans, a 20-foot sailboat, and more. Responsibilities include managing all motorboat activity at camp and maintaining the fleet and docks.
- 18 years or older
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Ability to perform labor in an outdoor setting at an elevation of 7,000+ feet, sometimes in inclement weather
- Fast learner
- Skilled in small engine mechanics
- Ability to diagnose and repair inboard and outboard boat motors
- Basic carpentry skills
- Basic skills in electrical and plumbing a plus
MINIMUM DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
June 15 – August 6, 2023
There are additional weeks available pre- and post-camp
- Hourly wage commensurate with experience
- Room & Board for duration of employment
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Complete our seasonal staff application (goes to a Google form)