Summer Camp Food Service Management Position Available
Acquire institutional food service management experience while spending your summer in the High Sierra!
Spend your summer working on the shores of beautiful Huntington Lake. Camp Oljato offers week-long resident summer camp programs at 7,000 feet right off Highway 168, east of Fresno, CA.
Camp Oljato offers programming in swimming, boating, sailing, nature, crafts, shooting sports, rock climbing, and more! The camp boasts many program buildings built in the last 10-years, full-dining service, great views, and an unbeatable program. We are looking for enthusiastic people committed to providing mountaintop experiences to youth ages 11-18.
POSITION: Food Service Director
We are looking for an individual to lead our food service team. Responsibilities include supervising food service staff, meal planning, food purchasing, compliance, and dining facility cleaning/maintenance, while managing a budget and ensuring quality hot & on-time meals to 300+ people.
- Age 21 or older
- Previous camp experience preferred
- Previous experience with institutional cooking preferred
- Have knowledge of proper and required sanitation practices.Maintain high standards of cleanliness, both personal and with staff assigned to the kitchen
- Able to work safely and efficiently with normal institutional cooking equipment such as mixers, convection ovens, grills, etc.
- Ability to understand direction and work with camp management with minimal supervision
- Friendly and customer service oriented with leaders and staff
- Ability to manage seasonal staff and gain respect and support of the staff
- Ability to look ahead and forecast needs
- Live onsite for duration of employment
MINIMUM DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
June 14 – August 3, 2020
There are additional weeks available pre- and post-camp
- Weekly salary, commensurate with experience
- Room & Board for duration of employment
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Complete our seasonal staff application (Goes to a Google form)