Summer Camp Program Management Position Available
Acquire camp management experience while spending your summer in the High Sierra!
Spend your summer working on the shores of beautiful Huntington Lake. Camp Oljato offers week-long resident summer camp programs at 7,000 feet right off Highway 168, east of Fresno, CA.
Camp Oljato offers programming in swimming, boating, sailing, nature, crafts, shooting sports, rock climbing, and more! The camp boasts many program buildings built in the last 10-years, full-dining service, great views, and an unbeatable program. We are looking for enthusiastic people committed to providing mountaintop experiences to youth ages 11-18.
POSITION: Head Commissioner
We are looking for an individual to serve on our senior management team overseeing our customer service. Specific responsibilities include serving as a member of the camp director’s key 4 staff, acting as a liaison between customers and camp management, managing service projects, and working closely with customers to ensure that youth and their volunteer leaders are having a positive camp experience and their needs are met beyond expectations.
- 18 years or older
- Previous summer camp experience preferred
- Previous BSA experience preferred
- Certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED for Adults or equivalent
- Certification in American Red Cross Standard First Aid or equivalent
- Certification in BSA Commissioner -OR- BSA Resident Camp Administration -OR- BSA Resident Camp Director -OR- BSA Resident Camp Program from a National Camping School -OR- have 6 months’ service as an active and trained commissioner in a BSA Council and complete a Camp Commissioner Training with the Camp Director
- Maintain a current Vessel Operator card in the state of California and complete a safe boating training provided by the Pacific Skyline Council
- Maintain a current and valid driver’s license in your state of residence and complete a Pacific Skyline
- Council driver’s training course if needed
- Possess knowledge and understanding of applicable BSA and State of California standards and/or rules for organized camps
- Ability to complete a week of training prior to report date
- Live onsite for duration of employment
MINIMUM DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
June 15 – August 6, 2023
There are additional weeks available pre- and post-camp.
- Weekly salary, commensurate with experience
- Room & Board for duration of employment
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Complete our seasonal staff application (goes to a Google form)