2024 Oljato Summer Camp for Scouts BSA
2024 Dates: Sun-Sat
- Week 1 – June 23-29
- Week 2 – June 30-July 6
- Week 3 – July 7-13
- Week 4 – July 14-20
- Week 5 – July 21-27
- Week 6 – July 28-August 3
Save your spot now with just a $300 deposit until January 15!
- Early Registration – $725 each – Now through October 15, 2023
- Regular Registration – $775 each – October 16-May 1
- Late Registration – $825 each – After May 1
- Get one Full-Week Adult Participant registration free with unit registration
- All Other Full-Week Adult Participants – $450 each
- Partial-Week Adult Participants – $80 per day
Campership information below if your Scout needs financial assistance to attend Camp Oljato.
Provisional Scouts: Going to Camp Without Your Troop?
We have updated the Pacific Skyline Council’s Campership program this year to support any Scout uncertain if they can afford camp to make some special memories this Summer at Camp Oljato! Simply, just complete our Campership application and name the price that makes it possible for your Scout to join us this year at Camp Oljato!
For questions or more information about Camp, provisional Scouts or Camperships, please contact email@example.com
Want to Earn More Merit Badges?
Attend a Second Week at Camp, Save $100! Sign up for a subsequent week at Camp Oljato using the code “Wk2Cmp” to take $100 off your registration cost.
Oljato is a magical place! From the moment of arrival to the last day of camp, Scouts are immersed in the outdoor adventure of Scouting.
Camp Oljato offers a truly memorable outdoor experience for every Scout and provides opportunities for Scouts to learn new skills, earn Merit Badges, and just have fun in a safe, Scout-led environment!
Our Programs include extensive aquatics (sailing, motor boating, paddle boards, water trampoline, log rolling, water skiing & wake boarding, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, rowing, and life saving), rock climbing, handicraft, welding, nature, Scoutcraft, shooting sports, horsemanship, adult leader training, and more.
Transition Program for New Scouts:
Get the scoop on how Scouts BSA works and learn basic skills on your Trail to First Class! The transition program is available during all weeks. You will see it as an option as you sign up for merit badges.
- Located at 7,000 feet in the Sierra Nevada Mountains on the western shore of Huntington Lake
- Holds up to 350 Scouts, adult leaders, and camp staff during each of the six week-long summer sessions.
- 11 hillside troop campsites with platform tents, running water, tables & fire rings
- 3 sets of restrooms & shower buildings located near campsites
- Trading Post, Dining Hall, Health Lodge centrally located
- Newly constructed program structures and areas for Shooting Sports, Welding, Nature, Scoutcraft, Handicraft, and Waterfront
- Separate areas for shooting sports
LETTERS to Camp Oljato
can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 217
Lakeshore, CA 93634
Call Oljato’s main number at (559) 893.3393. There may not always be someone near the phone, in this case leave a message and they will call you back. Phone number only active during June-July.
Camp Oljato is fully accredited by the National Council, BSA and operates under the strict health, safety and management guidelines established by the Boy Scouts of America, the United States Forest Service, the State of California, and the County of Fresno.
Two trailers for the 75th anniversary video in 2016.
Full-length Camp Oljato video
Includes lots of historical footage. Did you know “Oljato” is Navajo for “moonlight on the water”? Then why do we call it “starlight on the water”? Watch the video to find out!
Video Credits: Many thanks to 2015 Camp Staff, Commissioner Sandy Nall, Skip Nall and Executive Producer David Miura, Troop 57 Palo Alto and all the Scouts. Special thanks to Don Hardy for his generous contribution of full lake photography from 2012. Producer: Rick Bacigalupi