New to Scouting?
Oct 22-24 Sold Out, or 29-31 Sold Out. Cub-On 2022 registrations opening 11/1 (for Cub Scout Families)
SAVE 25% on uniform bottoms with purchase of a uniform top, in store or online. Ends Oct 31, 2021. Scout Shop locations/hours.
2021 Office Closures
MLK – Mon, Jan 18
Presidents Day – Mon, Jan 15
Good Friday – Fri, Apr 2
Memorial Day – Mon, May 31
Independence Day – Mon, July 5
Labor Day – Mon, Sep 6
Veteran’s Day – Thu, Nov 11
Thanksgiving – Thu-Fri, Nov 25-26
Christmas Eve – TBD (Jeff)
Bryan on Scouting
- From the Scouting magazine archives: Plan now for a great crossover ceremonyWe talked to two seasoned Cub Scout leaders who both start planning their AOL-to-Scouts-BSA crossover ceremonies months in advance.
- How a 3-week, 200-mile trek at Philmont helped her learn to ‘savor every moment’Seven young women from six different states hiked together for 200 miles as part of Rayado, Philmont's most intense experience.
- Gary Paulsen, acclaimed author and Scout favorite, dies at 82Gary Paulsen, author of popular wilderness adventure novels such as Hatchet, The River and Brian’s Winter, and a longtime contributor to Boys’ Life (now Scout Life) magazine, has died. He was 82.
- Unsung Hero: Scout calls 911 after grandfather has a strokeWhen he heard a sound upstairs, this First Class Scout from Connecticut jumped into action.
- The BSA has selected its 2023 National Jamboree ChairThe pieces continue to fall into place for the 2023 National Jamboree. Earlier today, the BSA’s National Executive Board announced that former BSA National Commissioner Tico Perez will serve as the 2023 National Jamboree Chair.
- There are six (yes, six) sets of twins in this Cub Scout pack from LouisianaImagine the pressure of learning names when your pack’s roster includes twins — not one or two sets of twins but six.
The Boy Scouts of America is one of the nation’s largest and most prominent values-based youth development organizations, providing programs for young people that build character. Click on a logo to learn more about that program.